Sunday, June 13, 2010

Chicken and Waffles, veganized

I'm from the South, and have definitely had my share of the Southern staple chicken and waffles.  However, now that I'm vegan, its been quite a while since I have indulged in that classic dish. 

Lately, M and I have been getting these gardein vegan meat substitutes.  They make crispy chicken tenders, buffalo wings, beefless tips, etc.  Pair the chicken tenders with some Van's Lite Waffles, a little organic maple syrup and Earth Balance and voila!  Vegan Chicken and Waffles.

So here is the very lazy-friendly recipe:

1 package Gardein Chicken Tenders, prepared according to instructions (baked in the oven for 18-20 min)
1 box of Van's Natural Lite Waffles (6 waffles) toasted to preference
top waffles with a pat of Earth Balance vegan non-hydrogenated butter
I put the whole jug of organic maple syrup on the table, I like my waffles and my chicken smothered.

Deliciousness.

1 comment: