Thursday, June 10, 2010

Brothers


For those of you unaware of the insane talents that are Patrick Carney and Dan Auerbach, otherwise known as The Black Keys, let me introduce you.  They are from Akron, Ohio, not terribly far from where I was raised in Northern Kentucky.  Their music is a fantastically tight mix of Southern blues and raw garage rock.  Brothers, as seen above, is their sixth album.  If you are just now getting to know them, don't feel so bad.  Better late than never, eh?  Their songs have been on commercials, HBO trailers (specifically "Lies" was for season 3 of Big Love and "I'll Be Your Man" is the opening credits song for Hung.)  Start anywhere in their catalogue, it doesn't matter, its all great. 



M thinks I'm crazy because I've got a pretty huge crush on Patrick.  What can I say?  I love me some Jewish, or at least Jewish-looking, men.     

In other news, I'm fighting off a summer cold and seriously considering picking up the new Revlon Grow Luscious mascara. 

Sorry for the randomness of this post, the head fog is returning and I'm sore from the gym.  I promise a much better post tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment